Dussehra, also known as Vijayadashami is celebrated on 24th October 2023, Tuesday. The festival is one of the main Hindu festivals observed in the country of India. Dussehra is also the final day of the nine-day Navratri festival. It celebrates the triumph of good over wickedness. Dussehra is observed on the tenth day of the Ashwin month in the Hindu calendar.
Dussehra is also observed with the legendary story of Lord Rama who found victory over the demon king Ravana when he went to Lanka to rescue his wife Sita. That’s why on the day of Dussehra, Hindus burn effigies of Ravana and his brothers so that they could keep reminding themselves to walk on the right path. Because if people walk on the wrong path, they will burnt like the Ravana effigies, not literally but spiritually they will have no good standing in society.
Dussehra is also a good time for family members to come together and celebrate the occasion. Dussehra also makes people buy gifts and sweets and also exchange the same. Here are some amazing Dussehra wishes that you can share with your loved ones.
1) May the beautiful and divine blessings of Lord Rama fill your life with peace, happiness, and prosperity. Happy Dussehra to you and your family.
2) May all your tensions burn away during the occasion of Dussehra. Happy Dussehra to you dear.
3) Let the truth’s light help you to guide you on the right path to success. May you always understand that goodness triumphs over wrongdoings in life. Happy Dussehra 2023.
4) May the triumph of rightness over evil motivate you to also defeat your own inner demons. Happy Dussehra 2023 to you and your family.
5) Wish you and your family a very happy Dussehra that is filled with love, laughter, togetherness, and happiness. Happy and blessed Vijayadashami.
6) May this Dussehra help you to start new ventures in life. So, let’s start a new adventure that you have been waiting for such a long time. Happy Dussehra 2023.
7) As we observe the defeat of evil over the establishment of good virtues, may your life be filled with positivity and goodness always. Happy Dussehra to you and your team members.
If you are searching for gifts to give to your loved ones during the festival of Dussehra, here are some suggestions.
You can think about creating a customized hamper for Dussehra that has a combination of modern and traditional items. It can include dry fruits, small idols of Gods, sweets, scented candles, personalized cards, or notes, among others.
You can also consider giving some handcrafted items that can include handwoven textiles, hand-painted pottery, etc. This will show your cultural or artistic importance.
Spa vouchers can be a great way as nowadays everyone loves to enjoy a wellness experience amid the busy times of festivities.
You can also consider gifting your loved ones some traditional or ethnic home decor items as they will provide a festive touch to their living areas.
You can also consider giving them baking or cooking class ideas that help them to learn a regional cuisine and enjoy different cultures.