Mainpuri (UP): A 55-year-old man and his two grandchildren died and two others took ill at Nagla Kanhai village in Mainpuri district of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday, the police said.
According to reports, when Shivnandan, his sons Shivang (six) and Divyansh (five), Shroban and his father-in-law Ravindra Singh (55) fell ill after taking tea, they were rushed to the district hospital. As soon as they were taken to the health facility, doctors declared Ravindra, Shivang and Divyansh dead, the police said, adding that Sobran and Shivanandan were battling for life. They were shifted to Saifai Hospital.
The police further said that the preliminary investigation indicated that Shivnandan’s wife Ramamurthy mixed pesticide used for paddy with the tea by mistake. As the tea turned poisonous, her family members fell ill after consuming.