As the boy’s efforts to shake the reptile off his arms came to nought, he held his nerves and bit back the king cobra. It dies. The little boy Deepak was rushed to a health facility from where he was discharged after 24 hours. He is in the pink of health.
Jashpur (Chhattisgarh): Cobra is the synonym for death. There are few not scared of the most venomous reptile. For eight-year-old Deepak from Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh, the story was different. When he was playing in the backyard of his house, little did he know what was awaiting him. Out of the blue, a cobra draped itself around his arm. As usual, in the blink of an eye, bit Deepak. He was in agony because of the bite. All his efforts to get rid of the snake came to nought. Still, the boy held his nerves. In a flash, he bit the snake back with all his might. That worked. The reptile died.
His parents rushed him to a health facility where the doctors provided him proper treatment and kept him under observation for 24 hours. The doctors said that the reptile could not discharge its venom. Deepak is hale and hearty. It rarely happens that a man bites a snake, as few have the courage to do that, a doctor at the hospital said. Locals say little Deepak is very brave.