The current Dalai Lama is the 14th Dalai Lama who is the highest spiritual leader and monk from Tibet. He has also served as the political leader of Tibet in the past. The 14th Dalai Lama is the spiritual leader of Tibet who was acknowledged as the reincarnation of the 13th lama when he was just a 2-year-old boy. He is one of the seven children residing on a farm in a small Tibetan village by the name Lhamo Thondup. Dalai Lama is the important religious leader of the Gelug school of Tibetan Buddhism. He preaches for the welfare and benefit of the Tibetans while also finding a middle-way approach to negotiations with China for the freedom and protection of the Tibetan culture. He travels all over the globe to spread the message of peace, non-violence, and compassion. Here are some inspiring quotes of the Dalai Lama:
1) “Let us try to recognize the precious nature of each day.”
Interpretation: Each day has 24 hours, which means we have 24 opportunities to change our life for the good. Let us appreciate the same.
2) “Every day, think as you wake up: Today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it.”
Interpretation: When we regard each day by being grateful to be alive, we add value more value to our life.
3) “The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self.”
Interpretation: Your aim has to be better than your previous self. You need to focus on your progress and not on others.
4) “Consider carefully: what prevents you from living the way you want to live your life?”
Interpretation: There is no one to stop you from your growth than yourself. Just get up and start doing what you want in your life.
5) “As you breathe in, cherish yourself. As you breathe out, cherish all beings.”
Interpretation: Appreciate your existence and also that of the others who are there with you in this world for achieving something in life.