New Delhi: India said on Thursday that it has not given any land under the withdrawal agreement with China. And it has also been emphasized to follow the Line of Actual Control (LAC), so that there is no unilateral change in the status quo. In the online briefing, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Anurag Shrivastava said that there has been no change on India’s position on the LAC and the withdrawal process should not be misconstrued.
When asked on the recent agreement to retreat in the Pangong Lake area of Ladakh, he said that on the basis of the fact, the situation has been well communicated by Defense Minister Rajnath Singh. And the defense ministry’s statement was aimed at keeping the matter straight, which was done in view of the wrong responses in the media.
Last week, the armies of the two countries, which were fighting a confrontation in eastern Ladakh, completed the withdrawal of troops and weapons from the northern and southern sides of Pangong Tso. However, some cases still remain. During the talks, there were reports of a strong retreat in areas like Hot Springs, Gogra and Depsang in India, to reduce tension in the area.