Kiran Bedi, the former lieutenant governor of Puducherry, stated on Wednesday that the security breach of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s convoy in Punjab last week was a complete administrative failure and a pre-planned plot.
“The ambush on the Prime Minister was foiled. “This country’s Prime Minister has survived a horrific attack,” Bedi pointed out.
Punjab is close to the Pakistan border, according to the former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer. “A bomb may have been hidden beneath the bridge.” “I believe this country narrowly avoided the assassination of its top executive,” Bedi said.
She accused the Congress-led Punjab government of being responsible for the incident, saying that chief minister Charanjit Singh Channi and home minister Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa are to blame, and demanded the dismissal of the state’s chief secretary and DGP.
“It’s criminal carelessness,” says the prosecutor. They (chief secretary, DGP) must be fired from the service with no pension and no benefits. She went on to say that a criminal case should be filed against them.
The Punjab government has already set up a high-level committee to look into Modi’s security breach issue. Chief Minister Channi has maintained that the Prime Minister’s security remains unaffected, claiming that no protesters were observed within a one-kilometer radius of his convoy.
The Supreme Court created a five-member committee to investigate the security breach earlier on Wednesday.
Former Supreme Court judge Justice (retd) Indu Malhotra will lead the committee, which will also include the director-general of the National Investigation Agency (NIA), director-general of police Chandigarh, additional director-general of police (security) Punjab, and the registrar general of the Punjab and Haryana high courts.