NEET result to be declared on Oct 16

EducationNEET result to be declared on Oct 16

Date:

NEET result to be declared on Oct 16

2nd round of NEET exams to be conducted on Oct 14

New Delhi: The result of medical entrance exam NEET will be announced on October 16, Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ”Nishank” said Monday.

Students who could not appear for the exam due to COVID-19 infection or because of containment zone restrictions will get a chance to appear for it on October 14.

The Supreme Court Monday allowed National Testing Agency to conduct second round of the NEET (UG) for the COVID-19 affected students and those in containment zones on October 14.
A bench headed by Chief Justice S A Bobde passed the order after Solicitor General Tushar Mehta sought the top court”s nod in the issue citing special circumstances due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“In view of the circumstances which have necessitated postponement of the examination in the past and in view of the prevailing circumstances, we consider it appropriate to grant permission to the National Testing Agency to conduct a second part of the NEET (UG) 2019 for the COVID affected students and for those in containment zones on October 14, 2020,” the bench said.

“DG_NTA will be declaring the results of #NEETUG 2020 on 16th October 2020. Exact timing of the results will be intimated later. I wish all the best to the candidates,” Nishank tweeted.

The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test was conducted on September 13 amid strict precautions in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.

From this year, the admissions to MBBS course in the 13 All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry, will also be made through NEET following the amendment in National Medical Commission Act, 2019, passed by Parliament last year.

The test was offered in 11 languages – English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu this year. Based on the initial report, more than 77 per cent aspirants took the test in English, around 12 per cent in Hindi and 11 per cent in other languages.

The exam was earlier postponed twice due to the pandemic and the government decided to go ahead with it, despite opposition by a section, to mitigate any further academic loss.

The National Testing Agency had set in place strict standard operating procedures in view of the pandemic, including measures like reducing the number of candidates per room from the earlier 24 to 12.

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related