Novak Djokovic, the world’s number one player, is considering withdrawing from this year’s US Open tennis tournament to prepare for the French Open. Djokovic told Serbia’s channel RTS on Tuesday that conditions would be very tight for the Grand Slam tournament in New York due to the Corona virus. He said, ‘All the players I talked to were apprehensive about going there. Given the current circumstances, I can continue the tennis session on clay courts in September.
Like other sports, tennis competitions have come to a standstill due to the Covid-19 epidemic. Most tournaments have been canceled by the end of July. These include the French Open which was scheduled to be held last week as per the pre-scheduled schedule, but was postponed until September. Wimbledon has been canceled for the first time since 1945. The American Tennis Association may decide on the US Open by the next week. The main draw of the US Open is to begin on August 31 as per the pre-schedule.