New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party does not want any change in the election schedule of West Bengal. The BJP has argued before the Election Commission that so far 61% candidates have got the right in the elections held, the remaining 39% candidates should also get it. So far, four phases of elections have been held in the West Bengal assembly elections.
The BJP assured the Election Commission that it would follow all the rules of Covid. Significantly, Mamta Banerjee had demanded to hold the elections of all the other phases simultaneously. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had asked the Election Commission to hold the remaining four phases of elections simultaneously in view of the rising corona. The Election Commission of Bengal has known the opinion of all the parties regarding the election of the remaining phases.