If you are not a net banking or mobile banking user and have some work to be done by visiting a bank physically, then here are some suggestions on how you can travel safely to a bank during the second wave of coronavirus pandemic.
1) Banks these days have restricted their working timings be it private or public sector bank. So, it is better you first check what timings will your bank be open by calling on their phone number a day in advance.
2) Once you know that the bank is open only in the morning hours, then you can leave from home early than the bank branch’s opening time so that in case there is any queue or line, you can stand ahead than others who would come up to crowd the place.
3) Carry a Dettol or Lifebuoy or any other branded sanitizer in your pocket so that you can keep applying it at regular intervals. Make sure you wear a proper mask and also carry a pair of gloves in case you think you may need them.
4) Carry the passbooks, your Aadhaar card, and other needed documents for which you are going to the bank. Make sure you carry your own pen and paper in case something in writing has to be given. Do not forget to carry a water bottle as the summer heat is too much to handle nowadays even if it is morning time.
5) Once you have reached the bank branch and you see people are already lining up there, make sure to maintain social distancing. If you find people are queuing up not in the right manner, then directly ask the security guard of the branch to take matters into his hands and ask the customers to follow the covid-protocols.
6) Once your turn comes and you enter the bank, try wearing gloves as the bank is the most-visited place where people come and go every day in huge numbers, so it is better you wear gloves while you have to touch the ATM machine, entry and exit doors, counters, etc.
7) Once your bank work is done, remove the gloves and throw them in a dustbin that you will find in the branch. After you are out of the bank, apply sanitizer and reach back home safely.