Pune is one of the largest cities in Maharashtra. It is has a population of more than three million and is just three hours by car from Mumbai. Pune is home to palaces, universities, ashrams, and parks. Here is a list of things that Pune is popular for:
1) If you are looking for peace and want a meditation center, then Osho Ashram is one of the best places to check in. The Osho Teerth Park also has beautiful walking trails, bamboo forests, which gives you the needed escape from the monotony and boredom of life.
2) Want to witness the 2nd century BC architecture? Then visiting Karla Caves will give you the needed boost to explore Buddhist traditions and find peace of mind at the prayer halls.
3) History teaches a lot of things to a lot of people in different ways and that’s why people do visit forts to understand how people lived in the olden days and get to know the background of such forts. Sinhagad Fort is a famous one in Pune that will give you a refreshing change if you plan to visit the fort through a trekking option with your friends.
4) Ganpati Bappa or Lord Ganesha is said to give the needed wisdom to solve the obstacles in one’s life and also gain the knowledge required to deal with various aspects of life. So, if you are in Pune, never ever miss the chance to pay a visit to Dagaduseth Halwai Ganapati Temple and worship Lord Ganesha to open your doors to prosperity and happiness in life.
5) Want to explore artifacts then just go to Raja Dinker Kelkar Museum as it hosts over 20,000 artifacts. You will be amazed to check the sculptures, miniature paintings, carved woodworks that will give you the needed images for the kind of creativity that India has.