The second wave of coronavirus pandemic that started in March 2021 seems to be on a declining trend as new infection cases getting reported on a daily basis is less than one lakh. However, the pandemic is not yet over and we need to be very cautious and no relaxation in following the coronavirus protocols should happen. The travel and tourism sector had come to a stop across the country due to the second wave of COVID-19.
Himachal Pradesh state had closed its borders for tourists since April 2021 and the strict lockdown was imposed to curb the spread of the coronavirus. As the state gets its revenue from the tourism sector, businesses in Himachal Pradesh were also badly impacted and had to go through many financial challenges.
As the nationwide vaccination campaign is being carried out and the summer vacations are on, the tourists from Delhi and NCR may soon get a chance to the hilly areas in Himachal Pradesh, which has relaxed its restrictions at a marginal level.
1) The new guidelines of travel to Himachal Pradesh say that people need not take or carry an RT-PCR test (negative) to enter the state.
2) Section 144 that was imposed earlier has been relaxed in the state. Himachal cabinet has also decided to let the shops operate from 9 am to 5 pm in the state from 14 June.
3) The 5 pm-5 am curfew will be continued and the shops will also remain shut on Saturdays and Sundays in the state.
4) One can check out the Himachal tourism website of the government to understand the additional standard operating procedures for the operation of tourism units.
5) The swimming pools, auditoriums, assembly halls in the hotels of the state will remain shut.
6) People who plan to travel to the state must strictly adhere to the safety and hygiene guidelines that have been imposed for carrying out tourism activities in the state by the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Department of Tourism.