Vietnam is the cheapest country in Southeast Asia, says many reports. It is also called to be the largest coffee producer in the world. Knowing some interesting facts about Vietnam will help you know how to explore the place when you plan to travel in the future.
1) Vietnam’s word has come after two words, which is Viet and Nam. In ancient Chinese, people used to describe Viet as a group of people coming from outside the country’s borders and Nam means to the south.
2) Vietnam got its official name as the country only in 1804 in the Nguyen dynasty.
3) Many legendary stories say that Vietnamese people got their descent from dragons. How much you got belief in fairies and dragons that is up to you and your imagination!
4) The tallest mountain of Vietnam is Fansipan which is almost 3143 meters. Fansipan is situated in Sapa which is a location popular for its layered rice terraces and colorful groups.
5) Vietnam is said to be the King of Cashews. It is the largest exporter in the world of cashew nuts. Vietnam has above 55% of the global supply of cashew nuts.
6) Black pepper exports are also from Vietnam majorly and it takes the top position in the world for black pepper exports.
7) The coastline of Vietnam is the 33rd longest on the globe and it is said that the epic coast stretch keeps tourists engaged for months.
8) If you want to view amazing nightlife and be stunned by the beaches then cities like Nha Trang and Da Nang are quite famous.
9) Hoi An, which is the UNESCO World Heritage also attracts huge crowds due to its amazing beaches.
10) The New Year of Vietnam is celebrated as Tet which is observed by over 90 million people. The new year day is held on the same day as Chinese New year and it is one of the largest Vietnamese festivals and also quite recognized among festivals in Southeast Asia.