Anxiety is not just the feeling of being afraid but also feeling restless, exhausted, isolated, frustrated, overthinking about everything, uncomfortable with self and others, anticipating small and big things, and the huge roller-coaster of emotions. Protecting your mental health or emotional health is quite essential during the coronavirus pandemic. In order to beat anxiety, you need to follow some healthy practices such as:
1) Connect with family and friends virtually through social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp video calls, Google Meet, etc., and express your feelings and everyday updates to your trusted and close ones. If you don’t have a loyal friend who understands you, then you can start the habit of journaling to express all that you feel every day as it will help you feel heard and relaxed.
2) Exercise on a regular basis and also do practice meditation. Exercising will help you feel energetic and make you active and also deviate your mind from piling up things that are not required. Meditation is an act of cleansing all the information that is already gathered in your brain and wants to get released off to feel lighter and at peace.
3) Sleep enough for 6 to 8 hours every day. If you are unable to get sleep at night, then listen to soothing music that can calm your nerves and relax your mind. You can even take naps in the morning or afternoon if you feel too much is going on in your head that you are unable to put a stop to. Naps help you calm your eyes and nerves, thus making you feel more relaxed and at ease to think with the right frame of mind for the remaining hours of the day.
4) Eat a well-balanced diet that has nutrition, calcium, proteins, and other nutrients that are required for the good functioning of your body and mind. Do not go for fasting diets as they won’t serve you much.
5) Learn new skills that are relevant to your field and career. It will keep you engaged and also allow you to feel confident about your job.