Simple ways to celebrate Earth Day 2022
Earth Day is a yearly event that is celebrated on the 22nd of April every year to show support for environmental protection. The first Earth Day was held on 22nd April 1970 and now the day is observed by more than 193 countries by sharing and conducting events that promote the betterment of the Earth. The theme of Earth Day 2022 is Invest in our Planet.
As per information available on Google, our Earth is more than 4.543 billion years old. It is also believed that the first human on Earth is named Adam. The Earth was formed when the solar system got settled into its present layout. The Earth came to be known as the third planet after the Sun. Here are some ways to celebrate Earth Day in the simplest way possible.
1) Avoid going in a car and going by walk or bike to your school or college. While it is obvious that you won't be able to travel by walk if your school or college is far but you can still prefer to walk a few steps by getting out of your vehicle before you reach your destination.
2) You can invest your time in planting a seed or flower at your home plant pot or nearby area of your building. It shows how much you support ensuring that the environment is protected by growing greenery.
3) You can decide to throw your wet and dry waste separately in different bags if the process has still not been started in your area. Many localities still throw both the wastes together making it a difficult process for rag pickers or kachrawallas. You can simply support the initiative by starting the process at your home. All you would need is two recycle bins at home that would keep dry and wet waste separately.
4) You can write a journal that has resolutions of how you plan to help the earth. You can make positive affirmations and also collect pictures and information about ways to save your planet and keep it safe.
5) You can start a blog or write an article on how people can take small steps to save the planet Earth. You can stress the importance of going vegan, encouraging gardening activities, using recycled items, and spreading important information on experiments that are nature-friendly.
6) You can even talk about the importance of celebrating Earth Day by encouraging group activities on social media. You can share you are doing your bit to support the planet by feeding the birds, cooking with locally made items, and reading information to lead a nature-friendly life.
Read also: Parenting Tips to manage aggressive children
7) You can get rid of plastic bags and instead use reusable bags, and refillable water bottles among others. You can even spend time outdoors without the use of any technology like a smartphone or laptop.
Earth Day is all about reminding us how wonderful our natural environments are all about. You can take advantage of having lunch in a park and taking deep breaths in the fresh air in an outdoor space.