Raipur: Four Corona patients died in a fire in the ICU of a private hospital in Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh, this evening. According to the information received from the police, four people died in the fire in the evening due to a short circuit in the Rajdhani Super Hospital located in the Tikrapara police station area of the capital.
At the time of the fire, there were 30 patients in the ICU. Soon after the fire, all the patients were taken to another place. As soon as the police got information about the incident, the fire brigade’s vehicles also reached and the fire was quickly controlled. Collector S. Bhartidasan and Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Yadav also reached the spot during this time, and supervised the rescue work .
There is an atmosphere of panic among the patients and their families after the incident. The police also found the hospital’s fire safety system to be poor in the initial investigation. Police have registered a case at present. Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has expressed deep grief over the incident. He has also announced financial assistance of Rs. 4 lakh to the families of the deceased.