17 deaths reported, 2,430 new Covid-19 cases come to light

Covid-1917 deaths reported, 2,430 new Covid-19 cases come to light

Date:

Nine deaths have been reported from Kerala and eight from Maharashtra and one each from Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal.

New Delhi: With the death of 17 people in the past 24 hours, the number of fatalities because of Covid-19 has gone up to 5, 28, 874. According to the data released by the Union Health Ministry on Saturday, nine people died in Kerala. There has been an increase of 35 active cases in the past 24 hours.

Similarly, eight cases of death have been reported from Maharashtra (four), one each from Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal.

Fourteen new covid cases were reported from different parts of Madhya Pradesh on Friday, but out of 14, nine recovered. One person died of the disease in Jabalpur district of the state.

The eight new fatalities reported in the last 24 hours include four from Maharashtra and one each from Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal.

Besides, 2,430 new coronavirus infections were reported from different parts of the country. The active cases have gone up to 26, 618. Nevertheless, recovery rate has also increased to 98.76%, the health ministry figures said, adding that active cases comprise 0.06% of the total infections and that daily positivity rate was recorded at 1.01%. Similarly, while 1.07% positive cases were recorded, 1.19% of fatality was reported.

As many as 4, 40, 70, 935 people have recovered from the disease. According to the health ministry, 219.27 crore doses of Covid vaccines have been administered in the country under the vaccination drive.

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Hero Maestro XOOM Scooter Launched: Know Its Price!

Auto Desk - Hero Motor launched its all-new Hero...

First Time Bungee Jumping? Follow These Tips!

Lifestyle Desk - Bungee jumping has become a popular...

Winter Fruits For Weight Loss!

Lifestyle Desk - Losing extra kilos in winter is...

Fun Activities To Try In Maldives!

Lifestyle Desk - Maldives has become one of the...