India becomes Digital, you heard this word most of the time, but do we know what it is?. If not, then here you go…
Digital India is a flagship program of the Government of India; it comes up with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society. The Digital India Campaign helps citizens access government services online, and it aims to empower the country digitally in the domain of technology.
Quick things to know about Digital India:
Date of Launching: 1st July 2015
Government Ministry: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Finance Ministry
Launched by: PM Narendra Modi
Official website: DigitalIndia.gov.in
The Digital India Campaign focus only on three areas, i.e.:
- Providing Digital Infrastructure
- Governance and services on demand.
- Digital empowerment of every citizen
It was established to make inclusive growth in electronic services, products, manufacturing, and job opportunities.
Nine Pillars of Digital India
- Broadband Highways
- Universal Access to Mobile Connectivity
- Public Internet Access Programme
- e-Governance e-Kranti
- Information for All
- Electronics Manufacturing
- IT for Jobs
- Early Harvest Programmes
The objective of Digital India:
- Provide high-speed internet in all gram panchayats.
- Provide easy access to the Common Service Centre (CSC) in all the locality.
- Restructuring many existing schemes that can be implemented in a synchronized manner.
I hope, With this post, you get an overview of Digital India.