There are many reasons why India is so famous; its diverse landscape, colorful festivals, and spicy-hot cuisine are enough to make anyone’s day. But do you know some facts about your own country, i.e., India? If not, then here we list 5 Interesting facts about India:
- Do you know that India has the largest postal network globally with over 1 55,015 post offices. A single post office, on average, serves a population of 7,175 people. Even India has a floating post office in Dal Lake, Srinagar, which was inaugurated in August 2011.
- At an altitude of 2,444 meters, the Chail Cricket Ground in Chail, Himachal Pradesh, is the highest globally. It was built in 1893 and is a part of the Chail Military School.
- Shampoo was invented in India, not the commercial liquid ones but the method by use of herbs. The word ‘shampoo’ itself has been derived from the Sanskrit word champu, which means massage.
- The father of India’s missile program had visited Switzerland back in 2006. Upon his arrival, Switzerland declared May 26th as Science Day.
- India is second only to the USA when it comes to speaking English, with around 125 million people speaking the language, which is only 10% of our population. This is expected to grow by quite a margin in the coming years.