Lucknow: Yogi Adityanath government of Uttar Pradesh presented the last budget today, in which a big announcement was made to provide free water for irrigation to farmers. Finance Minister Suresh Khanna said that farmers will be given water for free. 140 crores has been given for Ayodhya. Electronic City to be built near Jewar Airport. Children from class 1 to 8 will be given free uniforms. The artists will be given the UP Gaurav Samman.
In the budget, the UP government made a provision of Rs 101 crore for the under-construction airport ‘Maryada Purushottam Shriram Airport’ in Ayodhya in the budget of 2021-22. 27,598.40 crore new schemes are included in the budget.
Some special budget proposals
- In the financial year 2021-22, a provision of ₹ 700 crore has been made to provide free water facility to the farmers of the state.
- Financial Year 2021-22 budget of ₹ 05 lakh 50 thousand 270 crore 78 lakh is an important step towards ensuring the overall development of Uttar Pradesh and to make the economy of the state a $ 01 trillion economy.
- Proposed construction of ‘state-of-the-art information technology complex’ on PPP model in an area of 40 acres at Nadarganj in front of the airport in Lucknow.
- Establishment of an electronic city near Jewar Airport in Yamuna Expressway, aiming to set up Defense Electronics Manufacturing Cluster in Bundelkhand.
- Provision of power supply to the powerloom weavers by the state government at a subsidized rate. This will make the weavers economically prosperous.
- To promote handloom and textile industry, the target of creating 25,000 jobs in the field of textiles in the financial year 2021-2022.
- A provision of ₹ 10 crores proposed in the budget to preserve / promote traditional art and artisans of Matikala.
- Under the Chief Minister’s Village Industries Employment Scheme, arrangement of providing loans through banks at interest of up to ₹ 10 lakh to general women and reserved category beneficiaries and 4% annual interest to male beneficiaries of general category.
- Budget provision of ₹ 30 crores proposed for Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana for traditional artisans of urban and rural areas.
- Decision to revive the assets of the closed spinning mills of Uttar Pradesh State Spinning Company to set up industrial parks / locations / clusters in PPP mode. A provision of ₹ 100 crore proposed for this.
- Budget provision of ₹ 400 crores proposed under interest subsidy scheme to provide loans to farmers at concessional rates from NABARD.
- Budget provision of ₹ 150 crores proposed for advance storage of chemical fertilizers. Budget proposal of ₹ 10 crore for Integrated Cooperative Development Scheme.
- A budget provision of ₹ 40 crore for the implementation of the Uttar Pradesh Food Processing Industries Policy, 2017 to create new employment opportunities.
- To promote business to entrepreneurs doing small and small business, a provision of ₹ 400 crore for the Prime Minister Micro Food Industry Upgradation Scheme was proposed in the budget.
- Decision to develop 10 municipal corporations – Varanasi, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Ayodhya, Firozabad, Gorakhpur, Mathura-Vrindavan and Shahjahanpur as smart and safe cities under the State Smart City Scheme. Budget provision of ₹ 175 crores proposed in the budget of 2021-2022.
- 10 cities of the state – Lucknow, Kanpur, Prayagraj, Varanasi, Agra, Saharanpur, Bareilly, Jhansi, Moradabad, Aligarh selected for smart city scheme. A provision of ₹ 2,000 crore budget proposed for the scheme.
- A provision of ₹ 1,326 crore proposed for the construction of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- A budget of ₹ 300 crore for special schemes of Purvanchal and ₹ 210 crore for special schemes of Bundelkhand region has been proposed.
A budget provision of ₹ 7,200 crore for land acquisition and ₹ 489 crore for construction work has been proposed for Ganga Expressway project.
- To provide crop loans at concessional rates to farmers, an amount of ₹ 400 crores is proposed for grant.