Shakira is a Columbian singer, songwriter, lyricist, and an artist. She was born on 2nd February 1977 Barranquilla, Columbia. She is the top-selling Latin artist of all time. Over 80 million records of Shakira have been sold till now.
Let’s learn more about her net worth:
- Shakira’s net worth in 2020 was around ‘300 million dollars’. Shakira had not released any album since her 2017’s El Dorado. She released a new song “Me Gusta” in the beginning of 2020. The song’s artists were Shakira herself and Anuel AA.
- Shakira earns most of her income through selling her records, touring, appearing on TV shows, concerts, world tours and even through working as a judge on “The Voice”.
- Shakira has been mentioned in the Forbes for being one of the highest paid women in music in 2012 as she had earned 20 million dollars that year.
- Shakira has earned a lot of money by touring since the 1990s. Her Mongoose tour gained her a sum of 72 million dollars in 2002 and 2003. During 2006 and 2007 she gained a sum of 100 million dollars through her Oral Fixation Tour. Shakira has also been a cast of Zootopia that fetched over 1 billion dollars. She also made around 12 million dollars through “The voice” which she has judged for season 4 and season 6 in the years 2013 and 2014.
- Shakira was honored with 3 Grammy Awards and 13 Latin Grammy Awards, 6 Guinness World Records. She has topped the billboard charts. She was even awarded by the top Latin Artist of the decade twice by billboard. Shakira grossed tons by each of her albums. She receives over 2 million dollars for each of her albums.
She is considered one of the most successful women in the music industry. Shakira is not a name that is only famous in Hollywood. Rather, her fame is widespread across the world. Shakira has been ruling over Latin music for 3 decades. When one talks about singers, they surely talk about Shakira. Shakira debuted in 1990 when she was a 13 year old teen. Her first album was “Magia”. The album was recorded by Sony Music Colombo. The album consists of the songs which she had been making since she was 8 years old. Her first song was “Whenever, Wherever”. Her fame soared through the skies when her song “Hips Don’t Lie” was released. Since then Shakira has made amazing songs and is going on tours.
Shakira has a huge fan base. Her fans are spread worldwide and many of them attend her concerts when she goes on tours. The sales of her album recordings contribute a major part in her income. Many of Shakira’s concerts are even sponsored by big agencies. She is also invited in various shows for promotions. Shakira owns a perfume business. She started in the business in 2010. Shakira earns a lot through this business too.
All of these contribute to Shakira’s net worth in 2020 that all sums up to 300 million dollars. One can get to know more about her through buzinessbytes.