Business Desk – EPFO or Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation provides Universal Account Number (UAN) to the subscriber. With the UAN, an employee can check the EPF balance or other personal details on the EPFO portal.
In case, if an employee does not update their KYC (Know Your Customer) details then it becomes uneasy to use online facilities on the EPFO portal. So, ensure to update KYC for hassle-free service.
You can update KYC online on the EPFO portal by following some simple steps which follow as:
- Visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and log in using UAN.
- Go to the section manage and click on KYC.
- A form will appear on the window, now fill up all the details.
- Complete the form using the documents you want to update.
- Now, click on save, now your KYC will be verified by the EPFO after some time.
Benefits Of Updating KYC Details
If your details are updated, you can easily transfer your EPF account.
Online withdrawal claims become easy.
If your KYC is updated and TDS charge will not increase.