Business Desk – The Employees’ Provident Fund is a retirement savings program in which a small part of employees’ salary is deposited. This money is useful to the employee in the future. The EPF subscriber can also make advance withdrawals from their accounts in case of emergency.
Although it is not easy if the emergency is crucial and you meet up the present all required documentation. Then only you can do advance withdrawal from your EPF account.
Here is a guide to know how you can apply for advance withdrawal of EPF online
- Visit the e-SEWA portal of the EPFO
- Enter your UAN number and password.
- Check the menu and tap on “Claim (Form-31, 19 & 10C)” under online services.
- A new page will open, enter your bank account information and verify it. Now, accept the terms and conditions.
- Tap on Proceed for Online Claim” opt for the “I Want to Apply For” link and submit.
Note – you can choose a pension withdrawal, a loan, or an advance from your prior EPF, according to your situation. Also, you must choose “PF Advance (Form 31)” to withdraw money before retirement.
- Now, you need to justify the withdrawal and the amount you need.
- Complete the form and submit it. Remember, it may ask you to upload scanned copies of documents such as an Aadhar card, a PAN card, or a canceled blank check and address proof.
- When your application gets approved, you will get money in your bank account within 15 – 20 days.