State Bank of India is one of the largest banks in India with a huge lot of customers. There are many branches of SBI all over the country but still, the branches are always flooded with customers who have some work like updating passbooks, depositing cheques, closing or starting fixed deposits, and others. In order to provide a seamless service to its large userbase, the bank has enabled a facility that will allow customers to change their registered mobile number without having the need to visit their nearest branch.
This new facility can be accessed through the SBI net banking services wherein your registered mobile number is used to even carry out various online transactions, get SMS alerts, and others. So, for the ones, who have recently changed their mobile number and want it to be added to SBI’s registered mobile number services, you can follow the below steps.
1) log in to OnlineSBI with your net banking username and password details
2) Click on the ‘Profile’ under the ‘My Accounts & Profile’ tab
3) Select ‘Personal Details/Mobile’.
4) You can select on Quick Contact and then on the edit icon
5) Add in your new mobile number and generate an OTP
6) Enter the OTP received on your old, registered number and click on submit
7) You will be assisted with a pop- message ‘Verify and confirm your mobile number xxxxxxxxxx’. Click OK to proceed
8) You will be redirected to a new page with the following methods for permission of change of mobile number;
1) By OTP on both mobile numbers
2) IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM
3) Approval through the contact centre
After you submit the request and get the approval for the change of mobile number, you can also keep track of the status of your mobile number change.
You can even check out the video posted by SBI on its Twitter handle for guiding its users: