New Delhi: The number of coronavirus cases shot up to 471 across India by Monday evening. The death toll from the highly contagious infection stood at nine. As many as 30 States/UTs have announced complete lockdown in the wake of the pandemic.
On Sunday, new cases of death have come out from Maharashtra, Bihar and Gujarat. The death toll in Maharashtra has increased to two. So far, one person has died in Delhi, Karnataka and Punjab. 24 others have been discharged after treatment.
According to the Union Health Ministry, 9 people have died in the country from Corona, while a total of 471 cases have been reported. Of these, 424 patients are currently being treated in the hospital.
- On Monday (March 23) from midnight (12 pm) to 31 March Gujarat has been declared a complete lockdown. Henceforth all the boundaries of the state will be closed.
- 9 more districts of Odisha Puri, Sambalpur, Dhenkanal, Balasore, Jajpur, Nayagarh, Jagatsinghpur, Bhadrak and Jharsuguda have been locked on Monday (23 March).
- Lockdown has been announced in Tripura from 2 pm to 31 March on 23 March (Monday). State Chief Minister Biplab Deb gave this information.
- To prevent the spread of corona virus in the country, the center has announced a ban on domestic flights late on Tuesday (March 24). Passengers on domestic flights will have to leave their destination late Tuesday (March 24) at 11.59 pm. The Ministry of Civil Aviation gave this information on Monday (23 March). With this, the ministry said that domestic cargo planes would continue to operate normally. The ministry said that no domestic commercial flight service will be operational in India from Wednesday (25 March).
- Haryana also imposed lockdown from Tuesday (March 24) to March 31 in the remaining 15 districts to prevent the spread of corona virus. The lockdown was announced in seven districts from Sunday (March 22).
- Tihar Jail will release around 3000 inmates in the next 3-4 days, Tihar jail administration said on Monday.
- Two more persons were tested positive for coronavirus in Lucknow on Monday, taking the total count to 33 in Uttar Pradesh, King George’s Medical University (KGMU) said.
- The Uttar Pradesh government on Monday imposed lockdown in Jaunpur district, taking the total number of districts where restrictions are in place to 17.
- In the wake of lockdown in the national capital due to coronavirus pandemic, the Delhi Police on Monday said the media personnel do not require a curfew pass, and will need to carry their identity cards only